The Silent Indian National Anthem

My Son had off due to the Palkhi procession on Friday and Monday. So yesterday, on Monday,  27th June 2011, I went to see the CARS - 2 movie in 3D along with my son as I had promised him. His face had bloomed like a Sunflower. I was feeling so good. We went to the theater, Big Cinema, Kalyaninagar, Pune to see the film at 8:45 AM as the show was for 9:15AM. The other best thing about this event, was this was my sons first film in a theater.

Long back when he was around 4yrs we took him to a theater for one of the films he saw at home and had liked. But that turned out as a real disastrous event, as my son got scared of the darkness and the loudness. He howled at me to reduce the loudness and wanted the lights in the theater on. Thus me, my wife and mother all pulled out of the theater. :) Funny enough looking back.

After the usual stuff of buying tickets and being ushered into the theater armed with food stuff and 3D goggles, we sat at our seats. The usual advertisements of up coming films, etc happened and then we saw the instruction to stand up for the National Anthem.  I was expecting the usual song for "JANA GANA MANA" with people being lazy to standup etc going in my mind.

I remember telling myself to see if in todays india People would actually stand up. And i was wrong. Every single person stood up. :)


Then the Anthem began and I had a shock of my life. Maybe its been many ages since i went to a theater, hence had never seen this version. By the time the Anthem ended, I was in my tears and thanks to the darkness and the 3D goggles, no one saw my tears.

I have pasted the link from you tube to see the Anthem and my humble request. Please do stand up when u watch it.  http://youtu.be/Kk02qPlnS2E

This  was the Best National Anthem i had ever witnessed being sung. The emotion on each of those kids faces were very genuine and I whom GOD has been given everything felt ashamed of not being so proud enough to show my emotions!

No comments: